I found this recipe in a Croatian cookbook, and I think it’s a great one dish wonder. I cut my potatoes and carrots with a slicer to get the thickness consistent and I think I added too much water, the recipe says half the ingredients should be covered by water, but I’d say a quarter and then add as needed. You can replace the salmon with any other fish fillet you like.
~ One kilo of any good baking potato, peeled and sliced
~ 400 grams salmon fillets
~ One large carrot, peeled and sliced
~ One bunch Italian parsley, chopped
~ 100 grams button mushrooms, sliced
~ One large onion, diced
~ Two cloves garlic, pressed
~ Two tablespoons plain flour
~ One tablespoon sweet paprika
~ One tablespoon Vegeta
~ 30mls extra virgin olive oil
~ salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat a fan forced oven to 180°C (356°F)
- In a large bowl place all the ingredients, except the salmon, and gently mix everything together by hand.
- Transfer all the ingredients into a large baking dish. Pour enough water to coat and cover half the ingredients.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from oven and snuggly place the salmon fillets into the mixture, take the foil off and bake for a further 30 minutes, or until potatoes are done. At this stage, also check if the mixture needs more water and add as needed.
- Remove from oven, and serve with hot crusty bread
Let me know if you tried this salmon dish and what you thought
Zivjeli! (Cheers and let’s live!)